We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Bring water to a boil with a little vinegar. Bring the water to a boil, then add the okra. The otters will boil for a few minutes. All this time, prepare the tomato juice and clean the garlic, which will be finely chopped.
Remove the pulp, drain and set aside. In another pot, add the tomato juice, finely chopped garlic and a little oil. Add the okra and simmer for a few more minutes.
The food is served hot.
Ingredients Bame with Potatoes
- 400 grams of frozen oats or 500 grams of fresh oats
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large or 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons concentrated tomato broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper, 30 ml. of vinegar, chopped green parsley
How to prepare mothers with potatoes
Preparation of okra
Because I used frozen oats, I simply read the manufacturer's instructions on the package. I found out that I do not have to defrost the okra in any form, but only to add them, being frozen, in a pot of boiling water in which I added salt and vinegar (30 ml).
If I had used fresh oats, I would have had to wash them with cold water. The next step would have been to carefully delete each one. Then I would spread them on a flat surface so that they would dry well. After drying, I would have carefully cut their tails. I would have put on the fire a pot of water in which I would have added lemon juice or vinegar, because an acidic substance is needed, in order to prevent mucilaginous lumps. I would have scalded the otters for about 2-3 minutes in this water, then I would have drained and clarified them. In no case, whether they are fresh or frozen, the cooking time of the lambs may not exceed 10 minutes, including the period in which they are scalded.
The cooking itself
I skipped over the long preparations of fresh okra and dipped the contents of the bag of frozen okra in boiling water with salt and vinegar. I scalded them for 5 minutes then drained them and set them aside.
Peel and chop the onion and crush the garlic, peel the potatoes, wash and cut into equal cubes, roast the tomato for 30 seconds, peel and cut into small pieces.
1. Heat a large saucepan or skillet and add the olive oil, then the onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until onions begin to soften.
2. Add the potatoes and sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper to taste. Saute the potatoes with the onion, stirring continuously for a few minutes, then add just enough hot water to cover the potatoes, cover the bowl with the lid and cook until the potatoes are almost ready.
3. Add the okra over the potatoes and mix well.
4. After 3 minutes from adding the okra, add the tomato and the broth. Mix carefully and cook over low heat for 2 minutes (if necessary, add 2-3 tablespoons of hot water, but the food should not swim in the liquid, just not to dry too much).
Match the taste of the octopus food with salt and pepper, sprinkle with chopped green parsley and serve immediately, hot. With fresh bread it's a real wonder!
Octopus food with bulgur
Lung food with bulgur is easy and quick to prepare, it is tasty and balanced.
Oatmeal is very beneficial for health, it contains a large amount of important fiber, vitamins and minerals. Thus, it regulates blood cholesterol levels, helps blood clotting, improves digestion, nourishes the skin and moisturizes the hair.
Bulgur is a mixture of different ground wheat grains. Unlike rice, bulgur has a low glycemic index and contains more protein, fiber and vitamins.
- 200 g bame
- 1 onion
- 150 g bulgur
- 150 & # 8211 170 g tofu
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- ginger powder
- salt pepper
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. If you use fresh loins you have to cut their tails, the frozen ones are ready to be cleaned. No matter what shape you have them, before cooking them you have to scald them for 5 minutes in water with vinegar and salt, then rinse them with cold water. If we do not scald them with vinegar, their peel will remove a sticky juice that is not at all good-looking.
2. Meanwhile, clean the onion, finely chop it and put it in a large pan with a tablespoon of oil. Saute for 2 minutes, then add the finely chopped bell pepper. Saute the peppers for 2-3 minutes and put diced tofu (I used smoked tofu). Let it brown a little, stirring often.
3. Drain the okra in the meantime, pass them through cold water and let them cool for a few minutes, add them to the pan (I cut them in half, if you want you can put them whole) . Put the washed bulgur, a pinch of ginger, salt, pepper and fill with enough hot water to cover the contents, cover with a lid and simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. Check if all the vegetables have boiled and if you still need salt. Add the diced tomatoes, mix once more and turn off the heat. (When I have fresh and well-ripened tomatoes, I like to put them in the food right at the end, so they don't boil or fry. This way the taste stays fresh and aromatic, and the nutrients are not lost.) Season with fresh parsley. minced!
- 75 g fat yogurt
- 200 g chickpea flour (found in health food stores)
- 1-2 teaspoons hot paprika (or according to preference - I used small Indian hot peppers, which are among the fastest in the world)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 kg bame
- frying oil
Make the dough from yogurt, flour, spices, salt and water as much as it contains. This includes in our case the equivalent of obtaining a thick fluid consistency. Kind of like American pancakes.
Washed and cut tails are cut lengthwise and passed through a panada. When the oil is well heated, fry it in the oil bath a few times so as not to over-crowd the vessel and stick it together. Leave until golden and remove on a kitchen towel.
They can be consumed as such or with lemon juice squeezed on top or with various sauces, according to taste.
I ate them immediately, without any other fireworks, just highlighted by a glass of sauvignon blanc from Alira.
You may also like
Oatmeal with onions and carrots
I can't say that okra is one of my favorite vegetables because I cook it quite rarely. When I was little, even though I was not a whimsical child, I flatly refused to eat food. Now I don't really realize what I didn't like about them: taste or appearance? I had certainly found some reason that I considered well-founded. In time, I returned to better feelings about them. From time to time I make room for them on the menu, especially during fasting periods.
The other day, while shopping, to my surprise, I found frozen oats. I made them a dish with lots of onions, garlic and a few baby carrots, which I also found in the frozen vegetables section. Fresh carrots would have worked just as well, except that the baby carrots are more fragile and have a cooking time closer to that of the okra.
Although they are not very good looking, I took a picture of the frozen okra so you know what to expect if you want to buy too. They have their tails already cut and look like in the picture below. They were all healthy, tender and good.
If you use fresh oats, you should choose the smallest, young and spotless ones. The tail is woody, so it must be cut.
Whether fresh or frozen, before cooking, the otters are scalded for 5 minutes in boiling water in which a little vinegar and a little salt are added. After scalding them, rinse them with cold water and they are ready to cook. If you do not do this operation, when cooking the oats will leave a sticky liquid, quite unpleasant.
The prawns boil quite quickly, so the rest of the vegetables must be half cooked when you add them to the food. If you boil them more than necessary, they will soften. The logs must remain intact, keep their shape intact and be a little firm when you prick them with a fork.
Okra is good in a way that is hard for me to describe. They do not have a strong taste or aroma. Their flavor lies in shape and texture rather than taste. That's why I put a lot of onions, garlic and spices in my food to give it a good taste. And the slightly sour tomato juice is exactly what this recipe needs to highlight vegetables.
- 1 kg bame
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 2 onions
- 1 teaspoon salt (I never use it)
- pepper, chili to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 l borscht (can be replaced with a little vinegar)
- juice of 1 lemon (optional)
- 350 ml tomato juice (I prepared it on the spot, like here)
- 1 link parsley
- Carefully cut the cod tails so that they remain intact (be careful not to break the bacilli, otherwise they will leave a mucilaginous fluid and are somewhat compromised). I also cut very little from the top of the logs, also being careful not to break them.
- The otters are scalded in water with borscht, in equal quantities (ie 1/2 l of borscht, 1/2 l of water). If you use vinegar, you will need only 2-3 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Drain the scalded okra well and set aside.
- Peel the onion and garlic and chop finely.
- Fry in the oil provided in the recipe, until it softens, sprinkling from time to time with a little boiled water (so the vegetables are smothered, they are not actually fried)
- Add the okra and tomato juice, which should cover them.
- Boil the okra over low heat for about 20 minutes. If necessary, add more water.
- After the okra is cooked, add salt and pepper / chili.
- Mix and put the lid on. The fire is extinguished.
- Bame food in tomato sauce is served hot, sprinkled with a little lemon juice (optional & # 8211eu I have not used) and sprinkled with chopped parsley.
If you like this recipe, bame in tomato sauce, do not hesitate to give it 5 stars in the box below and leave me a comment on the blog. Do not forget that you can also share the recipe on social networks, to help those who need it. Thanks!
- Add the okra directly from the package, heat them a little by mixing with a wooden spoon, then add the tomatoes, vinegar, sugar or honey, salt, pepper and oregano.
- When the okra food starts to boil, reduce the heat to a minimum and boil the okra for about 25 minutes, without adding water and without mixing with a spoon so that the okra stays whole, without crushing them. I just move the pan from time to time.
- When the food is ready, we taste to see if we need more salt and pepper and then turn off the heat.
Oatmeal can be eaten as a main course or with chicken, pork or veal steak.
Chicken meat with chicken
500 g okra, 350-400 g chicken, 2 onions not too big, 250-300 g tomatoes, 1 bunch dill + parsley, 4 tablespoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons base for food (chicken / mushrooms), 2 tablespoons ketchup, 2-3 teaspoons white flour, salt, pepper, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, paprika, 2 bay leaves (spices to taste)
Difficulty: low | Time: 40 min