We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cracker Barrel™ hash brown casserole is so creamy, so cheesy and so like the real thing, you never need to leave your house again for this restaurant favorite. With this ultra-versatile recipe, anything and everything goes—literally, we doubt you’ll have leftovers.MORE+LESS-
pounds frozen hash browns, thawed
can (10.75 ounces) cream of chicken soup
cups grated cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray 11 x 14 inch casserole or baking dish with cooking spray.
In large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir together. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes until top is golden brown.
- To be sure your baking dish holds 4 quarts (16 cups), use a liquid measuring cup to pour water into the dish till it’s full. You’ll want enough room so that the casserole doesn’t completely fill the dish.
- Frozen shredded hash brown potatoes are great to have on hand. They save all the prep work of grating your own potatoes, and they don't turn brown like fresh potatoes. Be sure to thaw the potatoes first before using in this recipe.
- Any creamy soup will work in this casserole if you don’t have cream of chicken soup on hand. Cream of celery or mushroom soup work well too. Be sure the can is the same size.
- For a twist, try using different cheeses like jalapeño cheddar, American or gouda.
- For extra cheesiness, during the last 10 minutes of baking, sprinkle more cheese on top of the casserole, return to oven and continue to bake until cheese is melted.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 3 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
More About This Recipe
- The restaurant dishes you can’t help but order often make the best copycat recipes, and hash brown breakfast casserole is definitely one of those dishes. Hey, they can’t blame us for recreating this cheesy fan favorite; isn’t imitation the highest form of flattery?